Flag Is Up Farms – Horse Training & Facilities
Training of Horses Through Trust-Based Communication
Flag Is Up Farms offers:
- Full service training for young horses
- 5/8 mile training track recently resurfaced and consistently maintained
- Starting gates and chute
- State of the art 12-horse Eurociser or free walker
- Individualized nutritional program designed and developed within our own feed mill
- Green pastures for weanlings, yearlings and broodmares
- Covered round pens with OttoSport surfaces for superb footing
- 24,000 square foot covered riding arena
- Outdoor multi-disciplinary training areas complete with safe fencing and footing
- Barn stalls equipped with Comfort Stall mats
- World-class USDA approved quarantine facilities
- Rehabilitation and lay ups including Equine Aquatred
- Specialized training for remedial horses
- Sales preparation and representation
- 24-hour resident staff
Flag Is Up Farms is the internationally renowned starting point for some of the world’s most successful racehorses.
Monty Roberts and Pat Roberts, with their team of exceptional trainers, have used violence-free, Join-Up® training methods to start horses on their way to happy, healthy and successful careers for over 40 years.
Our trainers and riders give our horses the foundation for a competitive edge. Experienced exercise riders train our horses to become focused athletes from the outset of their professional careers. Successful Thoroughbreds trained at Flag Is Up Farms include Santa Anita Derby winner An Act; Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe winner Alleged; Germany’s champion three-year-old Lomitas; Gr. I Stakes winner Sabiango; and multiple Graded Stakes winners Profit Key and Carson City.
Monty, your time and expertise is invaluable. Our win in the Melbourne Cup 2013 was a result of a year working together as a team; getting the talented, yet bullish, Fiorente to accept a more user-friendly approach to training and racing. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the time and energy you gave me to help make this Cup win happen.” ~ Gai Waterhouse
For export Flag Is Up Farms offers a world-class, USDA-approved equine quarantine facility, with twelve stalls, a six-horse Rower & Rub equine exerciser, wash racks, turnouts, a round pen, security fencing and 24-hour professional care.
Our equine quarantine facility is designed so the horses preparing to travel meet their quarantine period requirements while maintaining their physical fitness through daily exercise and a carefully supervised nutritional program.
Horse Boarding Facility
Flag Is Up Farms offers a world-class boarding facility for a variety of horses from racehorses-in-training, mares and foals, yearlings and lay ups. Flag Is Up has large grass fields that are tended and kept green year round.
Starting & Training Horses
Flag Is Up Farms starts and trains horses across all disciplines, teaching the basic principles from the ground up, using violence-free, trust-based communication both on the ground and under saddle.
Our team of trainers specializes in starting young horses under saddle, bomb-proofing trail riding companions and retraining horses that need a new start in their career.
Hunter/Jumpers, racehorses, dressage athletes, and Western discipline reiners and cowhorses all begin their training in the safety of the round pen.
Each horse experiences an individualized training program according to his ability, enabling the horse to enjoy his work and develop a cooperative partnership with riders and handlers.